New class!! Have you taken the Basic or Introduction Handgun courses and ready to expand your knowledge to the next level? Then this is the class for you.
Level 1.5 builds on the fundamentals learned from level 1 course. The intent of this course is for those who would like to take the next step and become more familiar with safety aspects, operation, confidence, and competence in handgun usage. This class introduces you to defensive shooting which is a building block for future training in Level 3 and Level 4 courses.
Limited to 10 student per class
Level 1 or equivalent to a Basic Handgun course
- Safe gun handling
- Building on the skills of stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger pull, learned in Level 1
- Dry fire and dummy drill practice to improve trigger pull quality
- Learning to use the trigger reset
- Malfunction drills
- Increasing speed and accuracy
- 100 rounds
- 2 dummy rounds
- Eyes and ears protection (bring your own or some are available for purchase)
- Firearm (if you do not have one, one will be provided at no extra cost. You will just need to purchase ammunition from us)
Any unsafe behavior during the live fire portion of the class will result in dismissal from the class and no refund of class fees.
Level 1.5 will be taught in both the classroom setting and the range.
PLEASE BRING: a notebook and pen as this is a hard-charging class with a lot of information being covered in a short amount of time. You may bring snacks and beverages if needed and you will want to wear comfortable “range clothes” and proper footwear (no sandals, open toed shoes, or high heels). There will be about (1.5) hours of classroom and (1.5) hour of range time. Firearms are not permitted to be out of a case or holster in the classroom.
Click here to register for this brand new class!