Click on a link to read the description the class:
* These classes meet the training requirement for Washington I-1639
Please read our rescheduling & refund policy.
Class schedules are ongoing, so read the details of the class you are interested to find out when it is.
4 hours ( 4:00pm – 8:00pm )
Cost: $100.00 plus tax
NOTE: Any use of our rental guns requires you to purchase our range ammo for liability reasons.
Thinking about purchasing a handgun but can’t decide what is right for you? Are you a novice shooter who just purchased a new handgun? Did you inherit a handgun but you are not familiar with how it functions? Perhaps you know how your handgun works but you want more information on how to operate it safely and accurately.
Join us for this 4 hours classroom and range class covering a wide foundation of topics related to handguns, safety, and a session on the range.
Basic Handgun – Level 1 offers a great amount of knowledge for those individuals wanting to build a solid foundation in the proper fundamentals of owning and operating a firearm.
This course will cover:
- Firearm Safety
- Home Safety
- Range Safety
- Personal Safety
- Golden Firearms rules for safe firearm handling
- Basic Nomenclature
- Selecting a Handgun / Ammunition
- Handgun Manipulation
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- AND MUCH MORE!!
Basic Handgun – Level 1 will be taught in both the classroom setting as well as on the range. Please bring a notebook and pen as this is a hard-charging class with a lot of information being covered in a short amount of time. You may bring snacks and beverages if needed and you will want to wear comfortable “range clothes” and proper footwear (no sandals, open toed shoes, or high heels). There will be about (2) hours of classroom and (1) hour of range time. You may bring your own pistol or test one of ours for free (ammunition not included). Firearms are not permitted to be out of a case or holster in the classroom. You will fire roughly 50 rounds of ammunition or more, (ammunition will be available for purchase at the range). Champion Arms will also provide eyes and ears while you are out on the range. Feel free to bring your own equipment if you have it available.
2.5 hours (5:30pm – 8:00pm)
Cost: $70.00 plus tax
NOTE: Any use of our rental guns requires you to purchase our range ammo for liability reasons.
This introductory class is taught by a NRA Certified Instructor in Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety. Introduction to Handguns offers a great amount of knowledge for those individuals wanting to build a solid foundation in the proper fundamentals of owning and operating a firearm.
Topics Covered in Class
The Four cardinal rules of gun safety:
- The gun is ALWAYS loaded
- NEVER point the gun at something you’re not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger OFF the trigger until your sights are on the target
- Know you TARGET and what is around it and beyond it.
Other topics include:
- Concealed Pistol License and where to get one
- Where NOT to carry your firearm
- Types of Handguns: Pistols and revolvers
- Pistol Parts
- How a pistol works
- Revolver parts
- How a revolver works
- Ammunition: what is it made of and how does it work…
- Rimfire vs Center Fire
- Making sure you have the right ammo for your gun (BBC)
- Safely Loading your firearm
- Firearm safety
- Types of handguns
- Parts of handguns and how they work
- Safely loading and unloading a handgun
- Proper grip and stance
- Sight alignment and sight picture
- Controlled trigger pull
- Putting it all together on the range
This class is taught by a NRA Certified Instructor in Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, and NRA Certified Refuse To Be A Victim.
- Champion Arms will also provide eyes and ears while you are out on the range.
- Feel free to bring your own equipment if you have it available.
- It is advised that registration be made as early as possible prior to each class.
- Class size is limited to six (6) persons, so everyone has their own lane on the range.
- All classes must be paid for in advance.
3 hours as schedule
Cost: $90.00 plus tax
NOTE: We recommend that you use your own firearm, however any use of our rental guns requires you to purchase our range ammo for liability reasons.
Take your new handgun skills to the next level with our intermediate handgun class for women. This class is designed for women who want to start to learn the basics of personal defense with their own handgun.
- Clearing Malfunctions
- How to conduct tactical and speed reloads with your magazines
- Learning the difference between using concealment and cover
- How to safely draw from a holster
- And an introduction to shooting on the move
Materials Needed: Your own firearm, a stiff belt and a quality kydex holster, a magazine pouch, 5 dummy rounds/snap caps, 100 rounds of ammunition, eye protection and ear protection.
Requirement: You have to show proof that you have already taken a basic handgun class upon registration.
4 hours ( 9am – 1pm)
Cost: UT/OR/AZ – $150 plus tax (state permit fees not included)
The Utah Concealed Pistol License is one of the most coveted concealed carry weapon permits in the United States. The Utah CHL training program is a 4 hour class covering: The safe loading, unloading, storage and carrying of the types of firearms to be concealed; and current laws defining lawful self-defense, use of force, including use of deadly force, transportation and concealment. This course consists of a lecture, power point presentation, Q&A, certificate and permit application prep.
“There Is No Live Fire Shooting Required For The Utah/Oregon Permit!”
With your Washington, Arizona and Utah permits combined, you will be able to carry in the following 34 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
BONUS! – The Oregon non-resident concealed carry permit certification is also included when attending our Utah permit course. Oregon issues Non-Resident Concealed Handgun Licenses to residents of states that share its borders: Washington, Idaho, Nevada and California. This is entirely at the discretion of the specific County Sheriff.
*Arizona CCW Permit Certification also available. Carrying a concealed firearm is an incredible responsibility that should never be taken lightly. If you choose to carry a pistol for self defense, you owe it to yourself, your loved ones and the general public to not only seek out professional defensive handgun training but to actually stay consistent in that training as it is a perishable skill.
Course is taught by a Certified NRA, Utah BCI CCW Firearms Instructor and Former DHS/ICE US Federal Agent.
2 hours as scheduled (1:30 – 3:30)
Cost: $75.00 plus tax
Taught by a 25-year veteran police officer this class is a Question and Answer about your rights and responsibilities about using deadly force in Washington state. The laws are changing so be prepared. Know your rights!
- How to stay out of jail and civil court.
- WA state concealed carry laws dictating when and where you can legally carry.
- Difference between force and deadly force, and when its lawful to use them.
- When can you make a citizen arrest?
- What to do if stopped by the police.
- What to do in use of deadly-force aftermath.
2.5 hours as scheduled on Sundays (5:30pm – 8:00pm)
Cost: $150.00 plus tax
Level Two builds on the fundamentals learned from level 1 course. The intent of this course is for those who would like to take the next step and become more familiar with safety aspects, operation, confidence and competence in handgun usage. This class introduces you to defensive shooting which is a building block for future training in Level 3 and Level 4 courses.
Level 1 or equivalent to a Basic Handgun course
Ability to demonstrate:
- Safe handling and manipulation of a handgun
- Safely load and unload
- Basic Marksmanship including understanding of sight picture, sight alignment and trigger pull
- How to press check a handgun
- Be able to recite the 4 universal firearms safety rules
- Safe gun handling
- Building on the skills of stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger pull, learned in Level 1
- Dry fire and dummy drill practice to improve trigger pull quality
- Learning to use the trigger reset
- Malfunction drills
- Increasing speed and accuracy
- 100 rounds
- 2 dummy rounds
- (If you do not have one, one will be provided at no extra charge. You will just need to purchase ammunition from us)
- Eyes and ears protection
- (If you do not have them, one will be provided at no extra charge to use in class)
Any unsafe behavior during the live fire portion of the class will result in dismissal from the class and no refund.
Level 2 will be taught in both the classroom setting and the range.
Please bring a notebook and pen as this is a hard-charging class with a lot of information being covered in a short amount of time. You may bring snacks and beverages if needed and you will want to wear comfortable “range clothes” and proper footwear (no sandals, open toed shoes, or high heels). There will be about (1) hours of classroom and (1) hour of range time. Firearms are not permitted to be out of a case or holster in the classroom.
1 hour (2:30pm – 3:30pm) Sundays as scheduled
Cost: $50.00 plus tax
The purpose of the course is to satisfy the requirements of RCW 9.14.090(2)(a), placed into by I-1639. The class will consist of:
- Basic firearms safety rules
- Firearms and children, including secure gun storage and talking to children about gun safety
- Firearms and suicide prevention
- Secure gun storage to prevent unauthorized access and use
- Safety handling of firearms
- State and federal firearms laws, including prohibited firearms transfers.
At the end of the course you would receive a certificate proof of training.
The certificate is good for five years.
Please bring a notebook and pen as this is a hard-charging class with a lot of information being covered in a short amount of time. You may bring snacks and beverages if needed. Firearms are not permitted to be out of a case or holster in the classroom.