The Four cardinal rules of gun safety:
- The gun is ALWAYS loaded
- NEVER point the gun at something you’re not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger OFF the trigger until your sights are on the target
- Know you TARGET and what is around it and beyond it.
Other topics include:
- Concealed Pistol License and where to get one
- Where NOT to carry your firearm
- Types of Handguns: Pistols and revolvers
- Pistol Parts
- How a pistol works
- Revolver parts
- How a revolver works
- Ammunition: what is it made of and how does it work…
- Rimfire vs Center Fire
- Making sure you have the right ammo for your gun (BBC)
- Safely Loading your firearm
- Firearm safety
- Types of handguns
- Parts of handguns and how they work
- Safely loading and unloading a handgun
- Proper grip and stance
- Sight alignment and sight picture
- Controlled trigger pull
- Putting it all together on the range
This class is taught by a NRA Certified Instructor in Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, and NRA Certified Refuse To Be A Victim.
- You will need to bring your own eye and hearing protection.
- Feel free to bring your own equipment if you have it available.
- It is advised that registration be made as early as possible prior to each class.
- Class size is limited to six (6) persons, so everyone has their own lane on the range.
- All classes must be paid for in advance.