- This event has passed.
Basic Handgun Level 2 2/28/20
February 28 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm$150.00
Level Two builds on the fundamentals learned from level 1 course. The intent of this course is for those who would like to take the next step and become more familiar with safety aspects, operation, confidence and competence in handgun usage. This class introduces you to defensive shooting which is a building block for future training in Level 3 and Level 4 courses.
Level 1 or equivalent to a Basic Handgun course
Ability to demonstrate:
- Safe handling and manipulation of a handgun
- Safely load and unload
- Basic Marksmanship including understanding of sight picture, sight alignment and trigger pull
- How to press check a handgun
- Be able to recite the 4 universal firearms safety rules
- Safe gun handling
- Building on the skills of stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger pull, learned in Level 1
- Dry fire and dummy drill practice to improve trigger pull quality
- Learning to use the trigger reset
- Malfunction drills
- Increasing speed and accuracy
- 100 rounds
- 2 dummy rounds
- (If you do not have one, one will be provided at no extra charge. You will just need to purchase ammunition from us)
- Eyes and ears protection
- (You will need to bring your own eye and hearing protection, or we have some available for purchase in the range)
Any unsafe behavior during the live fire portion of the class will result in dismissal from the class and no refund.
Level 2 will be taught in both the classroom setting and the range.
Please bring a notebook and pen as this is a hard-charging class with a lot of information being covered in a short amount of time. You may bring snacks and beverages if needed and you will want to wear comfortable “range clothes” and proper footwear (no sandals, open toed shoes, or high heels). There will be about (1) hours of classroom and (1) hour of range time. Firearms are not permitted to be out of a case or holster in the classroom.